Are you sick and tired of feeling bad about yourself, enslaved by food, and numbed by destructive habits that run so deep you’re not even aware of their harmful presence in your life? Do you wish you could feel differently, act differently—but you just don’t know where to start? You are not alone. This is a huge issue, and it’s not just about food. This is a battle for your peace, your sanity, and the future of your health and well being. This is war.
And it’s time to fight.
Over the next few months, every Sunday, I will share a part of my new strategy, called the Feel-Good System. This is a lifestyle that will take you behind enemy lines, into your own psyche to pinpoint some of the root problems obstructing your path to health & weight-loss success. It will enable you to develop strategies and tactics to fight these issues, to break free of the cycle of cravings and abstaining and caving-in that afflicts so many people. It will assist you to assert yourself against future pitfalls, to manipulate danger territory and trouble zones, and to progress with new peace, freedom, and satisfaction. No matter where you are on your journey, this system will provide you with weapons you can wield to win this war.
This is Not a Diet—It’s a Lifestyle
1. Rather than requiring you to blindly follow a set of diet restrictions, this system will educate and encourage you so that you can better understand your own mental/physical/emotional workings in regards to food, and using this information, construct the best plan of attack to achieve your goals.
2. While a diet will often make you feel either guilty or deprived, this system will assist you in altering your mindset so that you can learn to love and value decisions and attitudes that will help you instead of hurt you and benefit both your body and your mind.
3. Diets are notorious for being short-term and ultimately ineffective; however, because it works from the inside out, focusing on your mindset rather than on a checklist, this system gives you the ability to create positive, permanent progress and beneficial change.
The Feel-Good System has Three Phases:
Phase #1: The Battle Plan
1) You will be motivated to write down your dreams, your goals, your vision for the future and success
2) You will be encouraged to record the ruts you’re trapped in, the habits that you hate but can’t break free of, the pain, the fears, and the struggles that you face in your day-to-day life.
3) You will learn to understand why these habits, attitudes, and behaviours are haunting you by examining the deeper reasons why you haven’t been able to break free before.
4) You will be assisted in devising a battle plan that will replace negative habits with positive ones, substitute destructive lies for truth to help you attain the freedom, peace, and happiness you deserve.
Phase #2: Attack & Assert
You will learn to:
Attack: These are strategies, tactics, and tips that will help fortify you against cravings and urges. These secret weapons will help you unlock strength and success you didn’t realize you were capable of, and they will lay the groundwork for you to proceed fearlessly with this new Feel-Good mindset about yourself, food, and life.
Assert: This is where you will learn to manoeuvre danger zones and trouble areas, be it holidays, vacations, that tricky time right before dinner, eating out, when you’re bored at home, and every other challenging situation that may come your way. You will be ready. And you will be unstoppable.
Phase #3: Stay on Mission
You will be encouraged and motivated to stay focused and press on, keeping in mind your recent progress and future success even if you:
Loose Ground: Whether you begin to fall back into old, harmful habits, get discouraged when confronting a plateau, or feel powerless to continue, you will learn how to love yourself deeper and more fully, to understand and appreciate yourself and to push on towards your goals and dreams. Because failure is only an obstacle on the way to success, and you can succeed. You will.
Gain Ground: Sometimes it’s most dangerous when things are going right, and here you will be motivated to stay focused on the right things, to use your new positive outlook as a weapon to propel yourself forward rather than as a distraction or an obsession. You will be introduced to new tactics and strategies to make this new mindset a permanent lifestyle rather than a passing fad, and you will get a glimpse of the big picture, how a positive outlook on food can beneficially impact every other aspect of your life.
This is not for the faint of heart. It will require raw, painful honesty with yourself in order to get to the root of what’s really pulling the trigger behind your cravings, impulses, and habits. It will take dedication, because if you’re going to succeed, you have to want it more than the the familiarity and comfort of the harmful routines and mindsets that lured you into this sweet, poisonous prison in the first place. You have to be willing to learn to love yourself enough to give you the strength and confidence to fight against the temptations and lies that have reigned free for far too long. You need to learn to look yourself in the eye, banish those lies, and replace them with the truth. Because only the truth will set you free.
On Sunday May 24th, the war begins.